This blog is more for me than anything but you are most welcome!
If anything is useful to you or you have ideas and questions please comment.
I have found increasingly that the best way to feed the family healthy and treat foods and keep them interesting is to have a well stocked and clean kitchen.
I have devoted much money and time to finding the best recipe books-what a waste of time. I have around fourty now and find something happening....I use some ingredients over and over and tend to choose recipes based on what I have already. All I need to buy are meats and vegetables and dairy or the odd ingredient.
If you're new to cooking you'll find it expensive buying variouse spices and other odd ingredients, this may be why people moan that home cooking is expensive and to begin with it can be as you build up the cupboard. But after a while you will know which things go to waste in the cupboard and which get used up before the best before date. The cost of a jar of spice is fine if you use that jar for many different things, some items I use for many things and some for just one thing but regularly enough to always have it to hand.
So why am I bothering to blog? I want to gather up a quick reference recipe book based on a set list of store cupboard ingredients. Using a huge collection of tags to allow me to search by ingredient or to tell me if I can make something based purely on cupboard ingredients.
I'm not talking victorian style pantry here (oh I dream of a walk in pantry!!!) I'm a modern woman so I'll be adding my freezer to my list. I have limited space for food storage and I guess many do.
So I'll Post my list in one entry. It'll change and possibly grow as I discover new versatile ingredients. This will be my main list "the master list" every time I shop I'll check if any need topping up. I'll post recipes based on the list and tag every ingredient and the recipes that come from the list alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment